Rubber Compounding: Chemistry and Applications describes the construction, processing, and features of a variety of fabrics used in the fashionable tire and rubber undefined, from usual to butyl rubber, carbon black, silica, silanes, and beyond. Containing contributions from major experts within the box, the textual content investigates the chemistry and amendment of uncooked fabrics, elastomers, and fabric compounds for the optimum formula and engineering of recent rubber items.
This Second Edition of the bestselling first:
- Adds new sections on environmental matters and recycling
- Provides additional information on hydraulic hose and conveyor belting
- Expands the dialogue of tire applied sciences and commercial rubber products
- Includes new details on artificial elastomers
- Features huge references for extra interpreting and exploration
Rubber Compounding: Chemistry and functions, moment variation supplies the commercial compounder, instructor, or different educational scientist with uncomplicated info on fabrics utilized in the rubber undefined. additionally, the booklet addresses a spot within the physique of literature to be had to the chemists in and academia.